[bvipilots] Around the world with iyp blind and wx avoid questions

  • From: Noel Romey <nromey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 23:51:59 -0400

Hey guys,
I haven't introduced myself as of yet but I will do so tomorrow. In
short though I will be a new pilot using iyp and fsx. Reading some of
the flight segments of the around the world trip I wonder if a blind
pilot can, with iyp voice commands and assistance, complete the trip
in it's entirety or not. One of the segments I saw in France said that
you would be required to fly solo due to your copilot's drinking too
much. I also see things like, thunderstorms will make things
interesting and I'm not sure how a bvi pilot performs thunderstorm
avoidance with iyp. I'm assuming that visually one would look at the
tstorms and steer clear. Could you just say turn off course a bit
until you are out of wx and then go back on course? I would love to
try this challenge but I'm unsure if it is possible to do so blind.
Please advise, and I can't wait to start flying.

Noel