[bvipilots] Re: Around The World Flight 003

  • From: Robert Cezar <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 06:27:11 -0700

Hello,

REGARDING: Is there a reason why you don't recommend the bravo but for a
select few flights?

Both the standard Mooney Bravo and the Beechcraft Baron 58 have basically
the same range of about 900 nautical miles. There are some very long
flights in the Fly Around The World adventure. I have provided
documentation on how to install extended fuel tanks for the Baron; I have
not done the same for the Bravo. So, in order to have either aircraft be
acceptable, I will figure out how to install extended range tanks for the
Bravo pursuant to the following Monroy Aerospace specifications:

http://www.monroyaero.com/lrupgd.html

Until such time as I have documented these modifications, I continue to
recommend using the Baron 58 with extended range tanks detailed here.

http://www.itsyourplane.com/ssl/data/2013-08-30.htm

Robert