[bvipilots] Re: Anything missing from the attached IYP Pamphlet?

  • From: Brian Moore <bmoore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 20:29:20 -0400

I think this is a very good description. My only comment is that setup of fsx, fsuipc, iyp, and configuration tricks to make it work with screen readers would probably be a bit of a challenge for beginning users. IN particular, the set up pannels of fsx in particular do not read very well and require some fancy screen reading tricks to figure out. Wonder if we could put a .cfg file some place with all of the settings set appropriately some place for people to download.

Just a couple of examples which people might have ideas on automating.

1. When fsx starts, it is on the home screen and getting a screen reader to navigate to the free flight screen is quite a trick.

2. the volume controls for environment, engine volumes, traffic level etc to not read accurately with any screen reader I have tried. Well, actually, was sort of accurate with nvda but window-eyes and jaws, forget it.

I may have introduced some of this complexity myself because I have the acceleration pack installed rather than the standard fsx installation. Perhaps I will play with this on one of my test machines.

Contact me on skype: brian.moore
follow me on twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/bmoore123

On 08/05/2012 5:58 PM, Helen Cooper wrote:

Greetings all our BVI and disabled pilots,

Over the last few months, we have been receiving your thoughts about IYP. Many, many thanks to everyone who has contributed their input! The immediate result of your comments is the attached one-page pamphlet about IYP.

We are going after the Blind and Disabled Market more aggressively and we would appreciate your comments before this becomes an official document – have we missed anything? If you feel that something super important is missing, please let me know within the next 8 days, keeping in mind that although we could write a book about IYP, we must keep this to one page (not an easy thing to do!)

We will be broadcasting the pamphlet as widely as possible through every appropriate media.

Thanks in advance and remember to keep the blue up,

Helen Cooper

It's Your Plane

Administrator, Pacific Feelings Media