[bvipilots] Any Rules of Thumb for Capturing the Glideslope?

  • From: Tyler Kavanaugh <twkav@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2017 19:54:09 -0600

Hi guys,

I tried to do a flight from KMKC to KSTL in a Learjet 45, using Simple ATC+. On approach, I'm told to descend and maintain 2,200 until locked on the localizer, but this is too high for me to capture the glideslope. I am trying to land at runway 30L. Does anyone have any pointers for calculating a good capture altitude (say, a certain altitude AGL)?

Tyler

Blind and Visually impaired Pilots mailinglist
//www.freelists.org/list/bvipilots
bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe, send a message to
bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and put the word unsubscribe in the subject of
your message.
For other options such as digest, send a message to
bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and put the word help in the subject of your
message.