[bvipilots] Re: Annoying thing about FSX

  • From: Robert Cezar <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 15:12:56 -0700

Hello,

This is a complex subject matter. Using KMSY as an example, the only ILS
approaches are runways 01, 10 and 28. Runways 06, 19 and 24 are GPS
approaches. Albeit these GSP approaches have localizers, they do not have
glideslope detection.

From my experiences using FSX, the MS-ATC will nearly always prioritize ILS
approaches over GPS approaches, based upon the prevailing winds.

Thus, this would be a question for Microsoft, except regrettably, the
Microsoft ACES Studio development team was laid off.

You can request from the MS-ATC a side-step approach to runway 19, then
have Michelle conduct a Visual Approach on runway 19. However, I have not
created the code where Michelle could perfect these complex procedures for
BVI users.

I hope this helps.

Robert