[bvipilots] Re: A radio question, which is accurate?

  • From: Robert Cezar <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 17:18:40 -0700

BTW....

There is something worth pointing out. 99% of the time, when ATC says (for
example)...

   "Contact New York Departure on 124.4"

You can simply ECHO what ATC says. For example. tell Michelle to...

   "Acknowledge hand off"

then simply repeat what ATC called for. So you would say to Michelle...

   "Contact New York Departure"

There is an anomaly. Sometime ATC will simply say,

   "Contact Control".

In this case, since the system is looking for a phrase ahead of the word
"Control", you can simply say...

   "Contact Next Controller", or "Contact Controller".

I hope this is clear.

Robert