[burt-all] Re: News & Meeting

  • From: Nicholas Doucette <nd2009@xxxxxx>
  • To: burt-all@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 15:10:49 -0400

I can't make this week, sorry guys, but do keep me informed with what you get accomplished.

- Nick

On May 15, 2006, at 1:05 AM, John Ottander wrote:

Hi everybody,

The case should be getting machined on Monday and will hopefully be done by the end of this week. Prof. Holt is ordering us a hydro- testing set-up so that we can test and calibrate the pressure transducer. Linde-Gas is probably going to get us N2O by the end of this week and all we have to do is figure out an adapter to get the gas from their tank to ours. Since we don't want to make the same mistake twice, we'll only do short firings, which means that we will have enough gas for several firings. I ordered 10lb of paraffin as additional propellant.

It seems very possible we will be able to do a static test with multiple firings within a month. There is still some work left however.

So for those around Boston who want to help out we were thinking of meeting up sometime this week. For those people who are available when is a good time to meet up? I am working 9-5 on campus, but it is flexible.

John
BU Rocket Team Mailing List
Homepage: http://burt.schtuff.com/

Freelists.org Faq: //www.freelists.org/wiki/the_faq