[burpg] Rocket Propulsion Group Stuff

  • From: "D. Armor Harris" <davidh@xxxxxx>
  • To: Bob Sjostrom <sjostrom@xxxxxx>, "Estano, Joseph" <jestano@xxxxxx>, David Campbell <dcampbel@xxxxxx>, Ryan Lacy <lacyr@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 22:25:04 -0400

Hi Bob, Joe, Dave and Ryan,

I just wanted to give you a heads up that there are 7 remaining parts that
we need to get through EPIC so we can all be on the same page.

We've made it a point to try to get as many things machined at SIF as
possible this year to alleviate load on your shop, but we do have a couple
of things that we need to finish up before the end of the year. Our
schedule is critical since we launch when the government tells us that we
can launch and that is rapidly approaching, and we have a ton of outside
sponsorship money sunk into this project and can't let them down.

Our parts list is:

   - 60x brass pyrotechnic bolts- Bob knows about these, and the Okuma CNC
   can turn them out in a few hours once it is set up.
   - Raceway tube covers- Vinny is going to help with these two small parts
   - Putting 24 radial holes into a 24" long 8" diameter fiberglass tube
   and a plastic fixture for that to support drilling
   - An aluminum bracket that is one setup and the Gibbs is done for it
   already
   - Two 1/4 ish thick bulkheads milled from plate with holes in them
   - Fins and brackets- Bob knows about these

We will have students coming down frequently trying to work on these parts.
Please don't get annoyed if they keep coming down, we're just looking for
every available opportunity that we have to work around senior projects.
They know if you're busy you can't help them at that moment, but they'll
come down again as soon as possible and try to find some time when you have
a gap.

We understand that you guys are busy and have to take care of senior
projects, so we just want to do our best to let you know what we want to do
and work around your constraints.

Thanks,
--
David Armor Harris
Boston University Rocket Propulsion Group