[burpg] Press Team UPDATE (Meeting this week, 23 Oct. 9PM in Lab)

  • From: Samantha Cohen <sacohen@xxxxxx>
  • To: burpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 13:44:02 -0400

Hey guys!

I hope everyone's been doing well.  I know it's a super busy time right in
mid-term season but I was hoping everyone could spare an hour on Thursday,
23 October at 9PM to meet for an hour and just catch everyone up.  I also
want to break us down into teams (Marketing, Social Media, Video/Graphic
Design, Fundraising). so come if you would be interested in working on more
focused projects which I will explain at the meeting.

So right now there's a lot going on with the group and I was hoping that we
could get some people to volunteer for certain things so we can get this
really going.  This is the timeline for this week.

*20 Oct: Finish Press Kit*
The Press Kit for the Starscraper is almost finished.  All we need is a NEW
graphic of the Starscraper (Christine is working on it, or if anyone else
has some information).  We'll attach the press kit to all initial contact
with sponsors and send it out with our press releases and post it on our
website.

*20 Oct: Website*
NEEDS A LOT OF WORK:

   - If anyone writes code (Joe M?), would you be able to figure out how to
   move the table that holds the menus at the bottom of the website to above
   the copyright and social media stuff, it would be greatly appreciated.
   - I need anyone who knows anything about any of the rockets to send me a
   write-up of them so that I can put more and good information on the
   website.  For example, if you only know ASTRo, send me a summary on ASTRo.
   It would help A TON.
   - Photos.  If you have any photos for the rockets or of BURPG in
   generally send them to me or dump them on the Google Drive >> BURPG >>
   Public Relations >> Media >> "*Appropriate Folder*."
   - Video(s) -- Caroline, how are you doing on that?
   - "About Page": Last call for you guys to put your names in the Contact
   document on the Drive.
   - THANK YOU <3

*21 Oct: First round of e-mail to potential sponsors*

*21 Oct: Press Release for Starscraper*
BURPG should send out a press release for the Starscraper that we're
launching in the summer and the Kickstarter that we're launching in two
weeks.  Any volunteers to write this up?  I can send you the press kit when
it's finished so you have that to assist you.

*23 Oct: PRESS TEAM MEETING IN THE ROCKET LAB AT 9PM*

*27 Oct: Press Release for Mk.IIb*
BURPG should send out a press release for the Mk.IIb that we ran tests on
next weekend.  I can write it up or someone can volunteer to do it (just
email me)?, but I need someone who was there and knows what happens and can
explain it to email me a summary.  We should also mention our Mavericks
campaign in it and attach a couple of photos.

Thank you guys so much for taking the time to read this.  I really
appreciate all of the help.  Let me know if you're interested or can help
in any way with any of the listed above.  Also, if you have ideas.

I hope to see you guys on Thursday.  Email me if you are interested and
can't make it.

Good luck studying.

Best,
Sam

--
Samantha Cohen
Department of Political Science and International Relations