[burpg] Manufacturing Lecture

  • From: Alessandro Cesar Dias Gomes Filho <acgfilho@xxxxxx>
  • To: burpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 16:18:09 -0400

Hello Everyone,

I will be conducting the first part of the manufacturing series of lectures
tomorrow, October 15th at 20h (8PM) in ME245.

In this lecture, I will go over how to read engineering drawings, material
constraints, manufacturing techniques and machine shop etiquette, as well
as a brief overview of all the tools and machines available to us at both
EPIC and the Imagineering Lab. Please be prepared to take notes.

All interested in machining will be required to take and pass the EPIC
safety quiz.

Watch this short video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1nX-nSNK4s&feature=youtu.be
Take this short quiz: http://www.bu.edu/me/epic-safety-quiz/

I also recommend you attend safety training at the Imagineering Lab. There
is one session tonight at 19h (7pm).

More info: http://www.bu.edu/eng/current-students/singh/

See you tomorrow,

Alessandro Gomes
Chief Composites and Manufacturing Engineer
Boston University Rocket Propulsion Group
110 Cummington Mall, Boston, MA 02215
+1(857) 264-6265 | acgfilho@xxxxxx