[burpg] Laying Fiberglass

  • From: Alessandro Cesar Dias Gomes Filho <acgfilho@xxxxxx>
  • To: burpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 20:18:29 -0400

Hey guys,

We've finally gotten the mandrel for the fiberglass avionics bay turned.
All we need to do is add the fiberglass. This the fun part.

In order to do this successfully, I will need another 2-4 people to help me
(although anyone can come watch and ask questions). Tomorrow (3/28) is the
best day to do this since we will be out of the lab on Saturday and the
part will have ample time to cure. It should take us about 3 hours to
complete.

I made a google spreadsheet with times when people can sign up. We will
only do one time slot, but please write your name under every slot you're
available to help me choose the most popular one and add an asterisk to
your name under the slot you prefer to work on.

Composites are likely to become a big part of MkV so this will be a great
opportunity to learn more about them and get some experience. We're also
going to be working with Kevlar, which is really awesome.

Don't worry if you still want to learn but can't make it tomorrow. This is
just our first test piece. We will make at least one more before the
semester is over.

Sign up here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj_yRLYUme55dFRETG1qT0JaamY3TjhySlNxd2VBcWc&usp=sharing

Feel free to email me with any questions.

-Alessandro