[burpg] Re: Fwd: BURPG Logo

  • From: Jeremy Pedro <jmpedro@xxxxxx>
  • To: burpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 21:11:43 -0400

It's called cyberspace. I got it off a font website so if we want to
actually use it we'll have to pay for it. I'm attaching the file to this
email.

Jeremy Pedro
Boston University
College of Engineering, 2017

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 8:15 PM, Abdullah Alhashim <alhashim@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Whoever designed this one, what's the font you used?
>
> [image: Inline image 1]
>

> On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 7:53 PM, <alhashim@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I'm using Photoshop. I can redesign it on Adobe Illustrator, but I'll
>> have to buy the vectors from ShutterStock, which will be $28.
>>

>> On Sep 23, 2014, at 6:56 PM, Ben Ha <benha@xxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Abdullah,
>>
>> What program are you doing this in? Because this would be a huge lost
>> cause if you couldn't provide the vector files for these. Looks great by
>> the way.
>>
>> On Tuesday, September 23, 2014, Abdullah Alhashim <alhashim@xxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Here is the other logo.
>>> BTW, Halstead, what is the font you used in your design? I just copied
>>> "Rocket Propulsion Group" to this design for now.
>>> <BURPG.jpg>

JPEG image

Open Font License

All fonts © George Edward Purdy. All Rights Reserved. No Purdy Design™ font may
be  altered or redisributed without the express permission of George Edward
Purdy.

By purchasing Purdy Fonts™, you (person/sole proprietor or corporate entity)
are agreeing  to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. This Agreement
constitutes the complete  agreement between you and Purdy Design™.

Purdy Design™ does not offer any  fonts using the GPL or any other commonly
used public license. Purdy Fonts™ are all the copyrighted intellectual property
of Purdy Design™, and are therefore restricted by the terms set by Purdy
Design™.

The fonts currently covered by this license include Emoticons, Emoticons
Outline, Cartoonist Kooky, ROBO, and Cyberspace. These open fonts are freely
available for non-commercial purposes.

Some examples of non-commercial purposes would include:

*Making a poster, t-shirt, banner, or other graphics for yourself, your family,
or your friends, not to be sold commercially or used in any form of commercial
advertising

*Educational purposes such as the materials used by a teacher in a classroom

*Flyers to promote a free event or charity

*Inclusion in a free game that is not available in a commercial form

Some examples of commercial uses that would require payment for a commercial
license:

*Making a poster, t-shirt, or other item for sale

*Making a book, educational or otherwise, that is sold commercially

*Making a comic book, game, toothpaste labeling, cereal box, or any other
commercial product.

*In an advertising campaign for a product or business

These fonts are freely redistributable, but with the following restrictions:

1. You may not include these fonts in a commercially available font collection,
nor may you sell them or licenses to use them individually or as a collection
without a paid commercial contract granting permission to do so from George
Edward Purdy, Purdy Design.

2. You may not offer the font(s) on a web site unless you clarify that these
fonts are not "free" if they are used for commercial purposes.

3. You may not offer the font(s) on a web site unless you include the current,
updated license information with the font.

4. You may not offer the font(s) on a web site unless you also feature a link
to the creator's web site, http://purdydesign.com and give credit for the
creation of the font(s).

5. You may not offer the font(s) with alternate names. For example, Cartoonist
Kooky is not to be renamed Cartoonist Kookie or Cartoonish Kooky. You must
maintain the correct titles for the fonts or you are prohibited from using them.

6. You may not alter, reprocess, or re-create the font(s) in any way. Some have
embedding restrictions built into them. Removal of these restrictions is a
violation of the agreement allowing you to use these fonts.

7. You may not give credit to anyone other than George Edward Purdy or Purdy
Design for the creation of the font(s).

8. You may not offer the font(s) in a collection or package of any kind,
including an archive file.

9. If your web site is built on advertising revenue, you must pay for the use
of the font(s) included in any advertising, titles, or other displays for your
web site. This does not include simple font samples meant to accompany a
download location for the font(s).

10. You must not mislead any person(s) to believe that these fonts are free
and/or without restrictions or copyright ownership. You must make it clear that
these fonts are offered for non-commercial use only, and commercial use
requires a licensing fee.

No guarantees are offered as to the suitability or usability of the font(s) in
any way, real or implied.

Purdy Design™ is a trademark of George Edward Purdy. All Rights Reserved.