[bulug] Re: an insidious idea...

  • From: Luke <kg4tqsla@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bulug-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 18:11:14 -0400

I'd have to agree with Jimmy. I don't think we are even close to this level yet. And protesting Microsoft would send a bad message. I'm not sure we should get into the FOSS vs propriety thing just yet. This could quickly devolve into a serious argument between members.

Luke Anderson
Jimmy C. Chau wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the reputation we want to earn for BULUG. As much as I'd like for everyone to make informed choices about the software, this approach may send the wrong message and send BULUG into the wrong direction: crazy maniac style advocacy.
Just be careful.

-Jimmy C. Chau
<jchau@xxxxxx>

Likai Liu wrote:
I wonder how Microsoft reps would feel if we distribute Ubuntu CDs
near their event...

Even on Windows, I'm pretty sure that Eclipse(CDT)/MinGW/QT4 would
make a competitive developing environment. Who needs MFC. Has anyone
tried that combination?

liulk