[bulug] Unix and Linux tutorials

  • From: "Jimmy C. Chau" <jchau@xxxxxx>
  • To: bulug-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 13:09:24 -0400

Boston University Linux Users' Group Members,

Registration is open for many of Boston University's Unix and Linux
tutorials.  These are free (to students, staff, and faculty) one or two
hour classes.

The topics are the following:

    * Introduction to SAS on ACS (via Windows)
    * Introduction to SAS on ACS (via Macintosh)
    * Getting Started with SPSS
    * Installing BU Linux
    * Doing More with BU Linux
    * Getting Started with UNIX
    * Getting Started with UNIX, Accelerated Version
    * Introductory Perl
    * Intermediate Perl
    * Advanced Perl
    * Applied Perl

For more information, see
<http://www.bu.edu/computing/help/tutorials/unix/index.html>.  To
register, go to
<http://www.bu.edu/phpbin/training/register/?admingroup_id=8>.  Many
seats are currently available, but seats in each class are limited.

Note that I'm not organizing or teaching any of these classes; send
questions about these classes to <acs-tutorials@xxxxxx> instead.  I just
thought that people who are interested in Linux may be interested in
these related tutorials.  (I'll be in the Tuesday Perl classes.)

Welcome to BU-LUG!

--
-Jimmy C. Chau
<jchau@xxxxxx>