[bulug] The LUG is dead

  • From: Ryan Mullen <rmullen@xxxxxx>
  • To: bulug-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 17:06:17 -0400

Hi LUG,

The LUG is no longer an officially recognized student organization.
Interest has dwindled and there has not been enough effort to generate
any. Revival is possible, but now there will be more work required to do
so, and any individual interested in starting it back up will need to be
seriously motivated.

If you're looking for a student organization, BUILDS (http://builds.cc)
is a good one to check out.

use as a technical support resource.

Our website (http://lug.bu.edu) and its Ubuntu repository will remain
available.

Our IRC channel (irc.oftc.net #bulug) will no longer be used. I was the
only one to idle in it for the vast majority of its life. I'll stay in
there for a few more days, but then I'm jumping ship.

Email me or jump in IRC if you have any questions, otherwise, thanks for
your support these past few years.

Regards,
Ryan
_________