[bulug] Re: PCSC 802.1x

  • From: tt@xxxxxx
  • To: bulug-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 12:08:23 -0500

Dear Ryan and BULug members:

I just got a board with an Intel Duo Quad-core processor. I understand the
processor can run 62- as well as 32-bit programs. What Linux distribution
should I install on it? Is the 64-bit distribution (which is labeled AMD)
appropriate only for AMD processors? If so, are the programs in the 32-bit
distribution 32-bit ones, and how do I write and run 64-bit programs? (Or do I
bother?)

Any hints or pointer concerning these issues? Thanks,
                                                Tom Toffoli