[bulug] PCI controller for SATA

  • From: tt@xxxxxx
  • To: bulug-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 11:32:00 -0500

Thanks for the answers to my 64bit processor question.

I have a dozen of 5-year old P4's with much DDR memory etc, and I would like
to keep some alive by providing them with SATA hard-disk drives. What is a
good PCI (traditional, not Express) Linux-friendly card that will control a
couple of SATA HDD?  For my purposes, even SATA I would do, though of course
I'd prefer SATA II.

New thanks,
                                                Tom Toffoli