[bulug] Re: Middle button trackpad scroll Ubuntu 9.10

  • From: "Jimmy C. Chau" <jchau@xxxxxx>
  • To: bulug-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 18:25:30 -0500

Mike,

I don't have an X41 myself, so there's no way for me to confirm whether
any of these work, but perhaps you should try some of the things that
come up when you perform a Google search for the following terms: hal
x41 middle scroll.  Here's a link to the Google search:
<http://www.google.com/search?q=hal+x41+middle+scroll>.

The top result seems promising
(<http://forums.remote-exploit.org/bt4beta-howtos/21788-activate-scrolling-middle-trackpad-button.html>),
but there are other promising results on that list too.

Hope this helps.

-Jimmy

Koeris Michael S. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently dug out my old thinkpad X41 and installed Ubuntu on it (easy
> enough). Problem is though the scroll of the middle trackpad button won't
> work and 9.10 doesn't have a xorg.conf anymore. I know I could write one but
> then again I don't want to bother with that.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Mike
>
> --
> Michael S. Koeris, Ph.D.
> Applied BioDynamics Lab
> Boston University
> tel: +1.617.353.5463
> fax:+1.617.353.5462
>
> _________

-Jimmy C. Chau
<jchau@xxxxxx>
<chaujc@xxxxxxxxx>
GPG key ID: 0x8C6AA349
GPG key fingerprint: D889 2B2D E20F A07E 0D54 4280 9C14 D4F6 8C6A A349

_________