[bulug] Re: LUG-Supported VPN instructions

  • From: Luke <kg4tqsla@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bulug-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 23:33:45 -0400

For Arch, the command is 'sudo pacman -Sy vpnc'. Also, I would add a suggestion for using to type 'man vpnc' if they have more questions.

Luke

phil kurs wrote:
If you are talking about the vpnc plugin for network manager (its the network-manager-vpnc package in ubuntu) I have some experience with that. I can try to write up some instructions if you like.

phil

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 11:09 PM, Ryan Mullen <rmullen@xxxxxx <mailto:rmullen@xxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi all,

    We're working on a set of VPN configuration instructions that will
    replace the current PCSC ones. We plan to support the instructions
    that we write. Hopefully we can get this tweaked and ready for
    production by the time the new school year rolls around.

    I'd like to thank zszsnn for the work he's put in already.
    Everyone else, feel free to contribute if you think something's
    missing or can be improved, or is flat out wrong. Remember, we're
    aiming for simplicity. Nothing too intense or "nitty gritty"
    please. This is for beginners.

    We need some input from users who may be familiar with any GUI
    vpnc frontends - I'd like to include them in the guide if possible.

    http://collaborate.bu.edu/moin/Linux%20VPN%20Client%20Howto

    Many pardons for the URL encoding.

    Thanks, hope all's well.

    Ryan