[budcinfo] Re: return to diving

  • From: "Andrew Hubbard" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jon3273bennett@xxxxxxxxx>, <budcinfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 19:08:33 -0000

Hi Jon

It's good that you want to get back into diving.  If it is 20 years since you
dived I would certainly suggest that starting again would be a sensible thing
to do.  I would think your skills would be pretty rusty after all that time and
equipment has changed quite a bit in that period as well and the syllabus will
have developed further.  The underlying principles and theory are, of course,
the same so you may well get through the initial level quicker than others.
We'd be happy to talk it all through with you - I assume you have now moved
from the Midlands and live somewhere in our area.  There is a lot of info about
us on our website which you will probably already have looked at but if there
is anything else you would like to know you could either give me a call one
evening on the number below or drop by Banstead Leisure Centre one Tuesday
evening and have a chat.  We meet in the café and main pool area from around
21.00 to 22.00 on Tuesday evenings.  If you let us know when you are coming we
will look out for you.  I will not be there next week but there will be a
number of others who can help.

I hope helps.

Andrew

Andrew Hubbard