[buaiaa] Sponsor Letter Writting Sessions and Officer Elections

  • From: Cory Absi <cory.absi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "buaiaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <buaiaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 21:24:43 -0500

Hey Everyone,

*Thank You Letters*
I know I had to mention this at the SEDS meeting because AIAA was canceled,
but if you are still interested in writing thank you letters to our
sponsors from the EAF please follow this link to a poll and fill out your
name and the times that you are available.  I am going so I can make any of
the times listed.  I will choose the time in which most students can
attend.
http://www.doodle.com/3ift5qd77yhb74i3
I believe they want at least 5 students for a minimum of two hours and they
will provide us pizza in return!  Also they will have templates for us so
if you are worried about what to write, don't be!

*PLEASE RESPOND TO THE POLL BY THIS MONDAY*

*Officer Elections 2014-2015*
On another note officer elections will take place the last week of February
so if you would like to run for any of the four E-board positions send me
an email (not to the freelists email but to my email listed below). You can
run for multiple positions and be any year undergrad or graduate as long as
you will be a full time student and not be doing a semester abroad for the
entire academic year.

*President* - Dominates the group and that's it! (kidding self explanatory)
*Vice President* - same as president
*Treasurer-* Handles financials of the group and can sign reimbursements
for members and get purchase orders for the group.
*Secretary-* Records events that happens at meetings and contacts group
through email about meetings.

I know it seemed a little crazy this semester during meeting with
responsibilities but all my officers were helping me behind the scenes with
a lot of stuff so don't be afraid of the president position you can have
multiple people run the meetings and take it in any direction you envision!

AIAA I feel has been reborn this semester since 90% of our members are
freshman which is perfect for carrying on the group for the next 4 years
and potentially doubling AIAA's size next year!  I'm glad I was able to try
new things with a larger group this year and thank you guys for bearing
with me through this transitional year.  We even got an awesome new faculty
advisor, Professor Grace!  A big thank you to her and to all my officers!
 Lets finish the semester with a 3D printer build, our Eweek event, and an
awesome conference together!

Thank You All,
Cory Absi

P.S.  I will be here in Fall 2014 which is perfect for new officers because
it should make the transition as smooth as possible.  I will still be at
the meetings and help the new E-Board as much as I can!

--
*Boston University *
*BS ENG'14*

Cory R. Absi