[bsidesclt] Re: dunno how I didn't see this coming....

  • From: Dennis Kuntz <dennis.kuntz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bsidesclt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 21:22:04 -0400

As I remember/understand, it would mostly be up to us. However, I have to
ask - I've been out of the loop - have any conversations been had with
BSides (Michelle or Jack)? They would be able to clear all of that up. I
doubt we would be big enough to garner the global sponsors from BSides
itself, which would mean that we would get our own sponsors, and BSides
might be able to help out (...might). To that end, if we're getting our own
sponsors, I would believe we could tailor what exposure a given sponsor
level gets (depending on what areas we have, what events we have, what the
venue offers, etc., etc.).

And there are a number of things to offer besides mentions, i.e. if we have
food, they can display material during that; if they sponsor drinks, then
they get a mention there; if they sponsor in a way to get a keynote or
something like that, we can offer that as well.

If BSides has been in the loop, we just need to double-check with them. If
not, I can coordinate that conversation.