[bsidesclt] Vendor letter suggestion

  • From: Chris Teodorski <chris.teodorski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bsidesclt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 10:33:15 -0400

All,

I've compiled and attached a letter that I'm suggesting we use as our
vendor request letter -- please review when you have a moment and
feedback is welcome.

Chris
Dear <Super Nice Vendor Person>,

Over the past three years, a series of information security events
called BSides has been organized across the U.S. and internationally
(www.securitybsides.com).  These events vary in format, but share the
common philosophies that they are free, open to anyone, and entirely
organized and run by volunteers.  Another common trait they share is
that they focus on the community where they are held, with mostly local
speakers, local sponsors, and local vendors.

We are putting together the first BSides event for Charlotte.   Our goal
with this event is to bring IT Security practioners together to learn
from each other, share information, and network.

In order to do this, and keep it free for all attendees, we are looking
for both local and national organizations who are interested in
sponsoring some portion of the event.  All BSides events are required to
abide by a policy that there be no vendor booths or sales presentations;
however, sponsors can be recognized at the event and in its materials.
Representatives from sponsor organizations are encouraged to participate
in the event, as it's a great opportunity to meet other information
security professionals in the area.

The sponsorship levels that we have are:

State Sponsored (Platinum) - $5,000.00 - tbd available
APT (Gold) - $1,500.00 - x taken, tbd available
Hacker Silver (Silver) - $750.00 - tbd available, x taken
Insider Threat (Bronze)  - $500.00 - tbd available
Script Kiddie (Friend) - any contribution

We thank you for consideration,

BSidesCLT