[bsg] Short Visit to Bayou Pierre Unit - Red River NWR

  • From: Jay V Huner <jvh0660@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bsg <bsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 19:19:32 -0500 (CDT)

BIRD STUDY GROUP
I spent about half an hour around the headquarters location of the Bayou Pierre
Unit of RR NWR this morning around 9 AM on the way to east Texas. I don't guess
that I found anything unexpected but it was nice to find a Yellow-bellied
Flycatcher in the brush adjacent to the parking area west of the barn. There
was, by the way, no evidence whatsoever that there had been any owls in the
barn for months. A list follows, such as it was. I am sure I could have found
birds like Mourning Dove, White-eyed Vireo, Carolina Chickadee, Tufted
Titmouse, and Carolina Wren and others if I had stayed longer.

Jay Huner

Wood Duck
Great Blue Heron
Great Egret