[bsg] Red River National Wildlife Refuge Headquarters/Bossier 09-12-15. Nashville and Magnolia Warbler, others.

  • From: Terry Davis <terkchip@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "LABIRD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <LABIRD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "bsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 17:29:12 -0500

La birders,

Larry and I did pretty good today, considering miss of several that we've
usually still been getting. Best notes were FOF (here, anyway) arrivals of
Nashville and Magnolia Warbler. Another sharp-shinned Hawk and good count
of Warbling Vireo was also good. Here's the comments, followed by link to
the list-

Birded with Larry Raymond. Two observers, 5 hours, 30 minutes (0630-1200)
2.6 miles walked. Larry and I began with the morning sky watch near the
Yellow trail from 0630-0715, then birded that and pipeline cut until around
10 a.m., then surveyed building area and west and north of building,
including orchard. Added a couple of new ones with one each of Nashville
and Magnolia Warbler. Early flybys somewhat busy, mostly Great egret. Most
interesting notes were the string of ad male Baltimore Oriole headed north
overhead early. We checked the west end of the well site to see this
mystery spot where waders were dropping during morning watch before
leaving. We found nothing but dense thickets on north side, then an open
rectangular area of tall grass bordered to west by more thickets- but no
standing water. We'll have to check the south side of the well later.

Cheers and good birding,

Terry