[bsg] RRNWR Yates tract/ Red River- 09-11-15

  • From: Terry Davis <terkchip@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "LABIRD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <LABIRD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "bsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 20:45:38 -0500

Hey birders,

Yates was quite slow in many respects today- in terms of the morning
commute, then mostly very quiet in the thickets. However, Larry Raymond and
I still gave it our best and did pretty good. Several species accounts were
flagged.
One interesting note today was an adult Peregrine hitting a relocating
Blue-winged Teal (evidently it wasn't too serious about it), then a mostly
alternate Black-bellied Plover flying by mere seconds later at the same
spot, headed in the same direction in which the loose duck group was
moving. Bobolink was a good one, also Yellow-crowned Night-Heron nos (21!!)
Here's out list from today-

Although we did okay today with a Blue-winged, 2 Wilson's and a handful of
others, we're sure hoping to get in on some of that real warbler action you
all have been experiencing farther south, while birding tomorrow at RRNWR
Headquarters.

Good birding,

Terry