[bsg] Fwd: [LABIRD-L] Nice Visit to Kincaid Reservoir, Mar 6, 2013

  • From: Jay V Huner <jvh0660@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bsg <bsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 17:30:44 -0600 (CST)

BIRD STUDY GROUP
This is surely a double post for those of you on LABIRD but for those who are
not, perhaps you will find this to be an interesting commentary?

Jay Huner

Kincaid Reservoir was in the news Saturday when Steve Shively was featured in a
Bald Eagle event organized by the US Forest Service. The event got a lot of
local publicity and was apparently quite a success despite the cold blast from
the north. I didn't manage an eagle today but had a pretty good diversity of
birds. I thought I heard part of a loon call when I got to the dam face and
after about an hour finally found it well out into the reservoir. I see so few
Eared Grebes in Louisiana that finding one was a real treat.

Jay Huner