[bsg] Fwd: [LABIRD-L] Migrant Activity Picking Up in Central Louisiana - Kincaid Reservoir, Aug 29, 2013

  • From: Jay V Huner <jvh0660@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bsg <bsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 20:56:31 -0500 (CDT)

BIRD STUDY GROUP

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Jay V Huner <jvh0660@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: LABIRD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 20:39:34 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: [LABIRD-L] Migrant Activity Picking Up in Central Louisiana - Kincaid
Reservoir, Aug 29, 2013

I went to Rodemacher/Cleco Lake yesterday - about 5 miles west of Kincaid
Reservoir - and barely managed 26 birds without finding any "migrants". The
riparian area at the Kincaid dam had a good food base and, perhaps, that
explains a far better outing. The Red-eyed Vireos were doing a lot of
"growling" that seemed a bit like a catbird call. A better birder with good ear
skills might well have picked up another 4-5 warblers.

Jay Huner