[bsg] Fw: eBird Report - Bossier City Quad, Jan 12, 2014

  • From: Terry Davis <trdavis22@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bulletin Board for Dissemination of Information on Louisiana Birds <LABIRD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "bsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 14:18:02 -0800 (PST)

Stuck around parent's house today-

On Sunday, January 12, 2014 4:12 PM, "do-not-reply@xxxxxxxxx"
<do-not-reply@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Bossier City Quad, Bossier, US-LA
Jan 12, 2014 9:00 AM - 10:20 AM
Protocol: Traveling
2.45 mile(s)
Comments:     1 observer, 1 hour, 20 minutes (0900-1020), 2.45 miles car-side.
Clear, 45 degrees, wind calm/ trace E/S beginning, then clear, 52 degrees
ending. Saw the White-winged Doves, which are common to near abundant breeders
but often near impossible to locate in winter. Things were slow so grabbed the
window, then birded Central Park neighborhood near parents' home- with a
slightly different route that was taken on a former trip some years ago.
28 species

Double-crested Cormorant  16
Ring-billed Gull  3
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon)  2
Eurasian Collared-Dove  5
White-winged Dove  6     Single group- 3 initially perched in large oak across
the street from our house, then 3 more joining the group by ones shortly
afterward. Surprisingly missed Inca, which has been fairly easy to detect here
latterly.
Mourning Dove  4
Red-bellied Woodpecker  7
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker  3
Downy Woodpecker  3
Northern Flicker  2
Eastern Phoebe  3
Blue Jay  12
Fish Crow  1
Carolina Wren  8
Ruby-crowned Kinglet  1
American Robin  9
Northern Mockingbird  9
European Starling  29
Cedar Waxwing  17
Orange-crowned Warbler  4
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle)  12
White-throated Sparrow  8
Northern Cardinal  22
Red-winged Blackbird  5
Common Grackle  1
House Finch  5
American Goldfinch  3
House Sparrow  73     I noticed the recent article mentioning declines of these
across portions of the U.S. There was a period of time during the '90's when
they were in much lower numbers here. However, they've been on the increase
ever since- and remain in very large numbers regarding Shreveport and Bossier-
at least since '06 or so! (;

View this checklist online at

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (http://ebird.org/)