[bsg] Birding in S Bossier par. 03/28/15

  • From: Terry Davis <terkchip@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "LABIRD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <LABIRD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "bsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 17:51:47 -0500

Hey Labirders, I stopped first thing this morning at a few pull-offs near
RRNWR HQ in search of a possible early fos Whip- but no luck. I then
continued s on La 71 and began my survey at Atkins-Clark rd, birding east,
then finally north to its confluence with La 154/157. I then took a short
break before making a quick-stop run from Red River lock and dam #5 headed
north, birding areas between there and Whitehouse Plantation. Birding was
comparatively slow, especially in terms of new arrivals, but did find my
personal first Scissor-tailed Flycatcher (6 total for day) and American
Golden Plover groups of the season. Three Bald eagle, slightly late group
of 6 ad Bonaparte's Gull and 33 Ruby-crowned Kinglet ( RCKI totals also
between two lists) were the highlights. Ebird flagged my count of 135 Cliff
swallows at lock 5 but the count was definitely low for what was there. I
managed 83 spp, ending at 1330.

Here's the two lists at-

Best of luck to those headed out tomorrow- and good birding!

Terry