[bsg] Arrivals/ migrants, others. Bossier City, Bossier Par 03/31, 04/02- 15 Warbling Vireo, Eastern Kingbird

  • From: Terry Davis <terkchip@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "LABIRD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <LABIRD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "bsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 17:34:58 -0500

Hi all, Charlie Lyon and I did a brief run 03/31 in search of Cave Swallow
and Warbling Vireo- yet struck out on both. We did have two candidates for
Cave (1 better than other) but neither entirely cut-and-dried. We also had
possible notes from Eastern Kingbird at a separate area from where sentry
EUST was previously mimicking, although mimics here share some of others
repertoires. Our best birds were a single Song Sparrow in bush/ tiny
remnant of brush-hogged narrow riparian corridor along river, then lone
Snowy Egret migrant high north. Here's our list-

I birded the area quickly again this morning. Finally, one each FOS for
Warbling Vireo and Eastern Kingbird. Increase of Blue-winged Teal and 4
Ring-billed Gull commuters sse early were also somewhat interesting.