Broad Oak PS & ELC Mailing Newsletter No 6

  • From: Lynne Atkinson <office@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: broadoak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 10:34:11 +0100

Newsletter No: 6

Date: 9 October 2007

Reception Year and Year 1 Parents ? Reading Workshop Opportunity

In collaboration with Marylands Nursery School, we are offering an
opportunity for you to come to an evening session being led by Neil
Griffiths. He will be offering advice on early reading skills and how you
can help your child to read and enjoy books.  There are only ten places
available within each class and therefore we will have to allocate places in
the order of responses.  The session is free to our parents and parents from
Marylands.  Staff from other local nurseries will also be present.  This
event is being managed by Marylands and held in our school hall.  Any
queries relating to this event should initially be made to the school
office.

Reminder from Newsletter No 2 - Year 6 High School Transfer Meeting

I have invited Mrs Sue Wilson who co-ordinates the secondary admission
process in this area to a meeting on Wednesday 10th October at 5.30pm to go
through the process and answer any questions.   High school ?Open Evening?
dates have been published in the Events Diary that was attached.  Parents
who are unable to attend the High School ?Open Evenings? are encouraged to
make an appointment with the high school at another time.

Book Week

We have all had a great time celebrating book week, sharing our favourite
stories with each other in class.  Some children have looked at books with
an environmental theme and the older children have been busy designing
brochures to advertise a camp site described in their class novel.  For
Poetry Day (4th October) we copied out poems in our best handwriting and
examples of our work will soon be on display in the entrance hall.  Thank
you to everyone who has supported our autumn book fair, linked with this
year?s book week. We intend to purchase some sets of books with the
commission we received.

School Lunch ? Week 2 Beginning 15 October
Please ensure that dinner money is paid on Friday if you want dinners next
week.  Only £8.00 per week. Money should be given, via your child, to their
teacher in an envelope marked ?Dinner Money? with their name, class and
amount.

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Pork loin steak with apple sauce, baby potatoes, gravy or Cheese pasta bake
with tomato bread.

Beef lasagne with crusty bread or Fish fingers.

Grilled gammon & pineapple, creamed potatoes or Freshly made minestrone soup
& hot filled baguette.

Roast chicken dinner, roast potatoes, gravy or Pasta parcels with garlic
bread.

Fun Feast

Pizza Margherita, Jacket Potato.

Jelly & ice cream

Chocolate & pear sponge with chocolate sauce

Devonshire apple splits.

Oaty plum crumble with custard.

Tropical Chelsea bun.

Usually available daily (subject to availability) stuffed jacket potatoes,
selection of sandwiches, salad, fresh or frozen yoghurt, fresh fruit, milk
or fruit drinks, homemade cakes and cookies.  Vegetarian/Religious diets
also available subject to demand

Disco ? Friends of Broad Oak Registered Charity No 1082746 ? Friday 12th
October 2007

Please complete the application form and ensure that a contact telephone
number is given.  Parent helpers are always welcome.   Infants: 6.30 ? 7.45
P.M.        Juniors: 7.45 ? 9.00 P.M.       Tickets £2.00

We must insist that all children are collected by a responsible adult at the
end of the disco and that a contact telephone number is available for each
child.

Superstars! ? Week ended 5 October

Mrs Yale?s Class:  Harry, Adam, Calum, Alex

Mrs Sutton?s Class: The Whole Class

Mrs Wilson's Class: Levi, Joshua, Emily, Jack, Luke, Lewis

Mrs Barker?s Class: Joshua, Imogen, Demi, David, Zoe

Mrs Ashton's Class: Michael, Natasha, Naomi, Nicole, Charlie, Hollie

Mrs Hughes' Class:  Indya-Rose, Errin, Megan, Monica

Mr Bromley?s Class: Adelle, Kirkston, Jack

Team Points
Last week?s winners - Sycamore

Consultation for Disability Equality Scheme

The school has a statutory responsibility to consult with all users of the
school in relation to the Disability Equality Scheme.  It will be posted in
the consultations section of the website from Friday 12 October. The
consultation period for all responses ends on 16 November.

Yours sincerely

Mr C M Metcalfe

Headteacher

FRIENDS OF BROAD OAK (PTA) DISCO - FRIDAY 12th OCTOBER 2007

No. of Infant tickets required     _____ @ £2.00 each      No. of Junior
tickets required     _____ @ £2.00 each         TOTAL ENCLOSED £_________

I CONFIRM THAT MY CHILD/CHILDREN WILL BE COLLECTED AT THE END OF THE DISCO
BY A RESPONSIBLE ADULT.

I CONFIRM THAT I CAN HELP AT THE INFANT DISCO / JUNIOR DISCO / BOTH

CONTACT TELEPHONE NUMBER______________________

This e-mail is confidential and privileged.  If you are not the intended
recipient do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail
or take any action in reliance on its content.