[Bristol-Birds] two swans remain at Paddle Creek Pond

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "TN-birds" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 20:55:44 -0400

Tues, May 27
Crumley Pond,
Paddle Creek Rd.
Sullivan Co, TN

The two Mute Swans on Paddle Creek Pond are still present
and maybe we will have a nest soon and young.  As many
of you know, the first bird has been in the area for a good while.

The second bird was found there 28 Apr 2008 when I saw them
both for the first time.

The first Mute Swan found at Paddle Creek Pond was March 6,
2007 by Jean and Brookie Potter, Reece Jamerson and Bryan
Stevens.  On Feb 19, 2007, Richard Kretz had photographed one
while with me not far from Paddle Creek Pond and along the river
bank at Riverside on the South Fork Holston River. Paddle Creek
Pond is 1.1 miles ENE of where he found and photographed a
swan.

The pond owner said the first bird just arrived there one day and
there was no idea where it came from.  We have not had a chance
to talk to him about this second bird.  We don't know the sex of
either bird.

The first bird to arrive has extended flight capabilities as do others
of the wild breeding swans in the area.

Let's go birding.....