[Bristol-Birds] turkey vulture video

  • From: "Rick Phillips" <sunfish0501@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Butternuts" <butternuts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "birdsgonewild" <birdpics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Bristol Birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 22:38:12 -0500

Hello all,

The recent trip with the Bristol Bird Club to Burke's Garden and talking with
Ed Talbott has renewed an interest in trying to get some bird videos.  So I've
dusted off the ole'  Sony Digital8 and started trying to sneak up close enough
to get some decent footage.  Here is a link to a recent video of a Turkey
Vulture sunning and preening along Netherland Inn Road.  The quality of course
has to be sacrificed somewhat in order to be able to share it on a free
web-hosting site.  Maybe when I get enough stuff together I can show some at a
Bristol Bird Club meeting.  Here is the link:
http://media.putfile.com/Turkey-Vulture-Sony-TRV730 . I think I took a
videograb from this footage and posted it as a still on Don's Birdsgonewild
list.  The quality of these videograbs isn't nearly as good as digiscoped shots
from a camera, but boy are they a lot easier to get.

Rick

Rick Phillips
Kingsport, Tennessee