[Bristol-Birds] tree swallows, cooper's hawks, purple finches

  • From: "Rick Phillips" <sunfish0501@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 09:13:39 -0500

Three Tree Swallows were flying around over my apartment in north Kingsport,
Sullivan Co., this morning.  Also, as usually happens when our maple trees
start blooming, a couple of male Purple Finches were singing and feeding in the
treetops.

A pair of Cooper's Hawks that nested at Oak Hill Cemetery last year are busy
now rebuilding the same nest.  I watched as both male and female carried in
sticks early this morning around 8:00 am.  Also, one Merlin was present there.

Rick Phillips
Kingsport, Tennessee