[Bristol-Birds] Re: strutting gobblers

  • From: Bill Cawood <b_cawood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bigun_75@xxxxxxxxxxx, bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 15:01:54 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
My name is Bill Cawood.  I am a school teacher in Big Stone Gap and a
naturalist at Natural Tunnel State Park.  Today at Natural Tunnel I saw a gang
of 6 turkeys.  A bachelor gang that I have watched since the summer of 2002.
The gang did number 8, now 6.  They were in the yard of the Cove Ridge Center.
 Todd Perkins <bigun_75@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Area birders,

On the way to school this morning, I saw two gobblers in full strut. I
noticed a hen with them. I'm sure there were more turkeys though. These were
the first turkeys of the year that I've seen in full strut. I saw one in
half-strut about two weeks ago. Last year, I seen one in full strut on Feb.
2. Thats pretty early.

Todd Perkins

and Northeast Tennessee. It serves the Russell County
Bird Club, Herndon Chapter TOS, Chapter, Blue Ridge
and Cumberland Nature Club.
Bird Club, Herndon Chapter TOS, Chapter, Blue Ridge
and Cumberland Nature Club.
         jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx
           (423)764-3958