[Bristol-Birds] Re: report your earthquake experience

  • From: Don Holt <dnldhlt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx, bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 22:01:36 -0400 (EDT)

My mother was at home (western Carter Co. between Johnson City and Elizabehton)
lying on the couch around 2 pm.  She had just gotten her achy hip in a
comfortable position.  She noticed then that it felt like it was moving back
and forth.  She first thought it was the haying equipment in use next door
vibrating the ground, but it didn't repeat.  I told her I had heard of people
with a "weather toe", but she was the first I ever heard of with a "seismic
hip".
Don Holt
Johnson City, TN