[Bristol-Birds] reminder about BBC scales birding field trip for Saturday 13 Jun 2015

  • From: "BBC Net" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Bristol Birds'" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 12:49:17 -0400

Area Birders:

I had an email asking if the 4-wheelers that are mentioned in my posts,
regarding the BBC birding trip Saturday, are 4x4 trucks or SUVs rather than
ATVs or UTVs. That was probably because I got to loose with the term
"4-wheelers."

We will not use any All-terrain vehicles (ATVs) or Utility vehicles (UTVs).
ATV or UTVs are not legal on Forest Service property.

Here is a reminder of our schedule:

7:30 a.m. leave from Mountain Sports parking lot on Commonwealth Ave. in
Bristol Virginia where you enter I-381 (34 miles to Chilhowie). We will
need to leave right on time in order to keep our scheduled times with others
along the way.

8:00 a.m. arrive at Tourist Information Center at Chilhowie located directly
across the street from the Exxon

Station exactly at I-81, Exit 35 . Meet us there if you wish. Then take
your car on to the parking area for the jeep trail.

8:10 a.m. leave Tourist Information Center heading to jeep trail which is 19
miles from Chilhowie (8:30 a.m. check closed stores

for anyone waiting on us at Konnarock and Rt. 600). Depart Konnarock on Va.
Rt. 76 towards Grindstone Campground, Fairwood and Troutdale direction.

8:45 arrive at Jeep trail (Forest Service Route 613 on right) which is 8
miles from Konnarock.

See you guys Saturday.

Good birding ahead..

jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx