[Bristol-Birds] rb nuthatch

  • From: "Mathis" <weer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <blueridgebirders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <NRVBirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 20:07:04 -0500

Did you know that, due to the color of its eye, it is hard to get a good photo
of the red-breasted nuthatch? These little birds flew in just after Hurricane
Sandy wreaked havoc up the East Coast. Since that time I have tried and tried
to get an acceptable photo of this nuthatch that has never been in my area.
Today, due to sunshine and patience, I was able to get several mostly
acceptable photos. Notice that I say “mostly.” I’m still not 100% pleased, but,
hey, until this year and the end of last, I didn’t have any kind of photos of
this little bird.

The first photo shows the bird as I photographed it – hanging head down on the
feeder.
In the second photo I rotated the image so you could see the bird as you and I
see things.

Enjoy,
Cecelia Mathis
Sparta, NC