[Bristol-Birds] query Harlequin Duck

  • From: "Mathis" <weer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-birds" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 13:34:37 -0500

Does someone have time to email me some information regarding the Harlequin
Duck?

1. I need driving directions from I-26 to the restaurant. I’ll probably have to
spend tonight in Kingsport so I can be there early Saturday morning.

2. I’m about 50 to 60 minutes from Marion, Virginia. So, what is the driving
time from there to Kingsport?

3.  I want to see the duck only if there is a good chance I can get close
enough to take photos with a 100-400 mm zoom lens. Is that usually possible?

4.  For photographing, what is the usual time based on where the duck usually
is?

5.  My spending tonight in Kingsport depends upon what time the duck is usually
close enough for photographing. It would be nice if I could leave here at 8:00
Saturday morning, take some photos, and return home. If that’s not possible,
what exits have some decent, safe motels? I will stay in a motel ONLY if the
room doors open into an interior hallway.

6.  Can I do Musick’s Campground in the same day?

7.  Is there anything else I need to know?

8. Is there a group I can connect with Saturday?

Thanks so very much,
Cecelia Mathis
Sparta, NC