[Bristol-Birds] peregrine, sapsucker, and singing peabodys

  • From: "Todd Perkins" <bigun_75@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 21:24:18 -0400

Area Birders

Today while squirrel hunting on a gaswell road behind my house, I got a new
lifebird. A PEREGRINE FALCON.  I saw him fly into a tree up ahead of me. I
noticed that he flew like no other bird that I'd ever seen.  I started to
walk toward the tree and he flew. He gave me a great look at him.  There was
no mistaking him.

Also, this evening while deer hunting in dickenson county, I heard a yellow
bellied sapsucker calling.  I heard my first white throated sparrows of the
year also. They were singing their "peabody, peabody, peabody" song.

Even though I didn't get a buck, I still had a successful hunt.  I saw five
does. They never knew that I was there.  I was hunting in the same spot
where I killed a seven point buck a few weeks ago on Oct. 4, opening day of
bow season.  I made a clean, complete passthrough shot from 45 yards.

Todd Perkins