[Bristol-Birds] new conservancy director hired

  • From: Wallace Coffey <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1-A Bristol-Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 23:54:56 -0300

(This is message is about the new director who has been hired by The Nature
Conservancy for the position at Abingdon, VA.  -- Wallace Coffey, Bristol, TN)

Below is a message from Bill Kittrell:

Hello,

I am writing to let you know that we have hired Matt Crum as the new
Director of the Clinch Valley Program.  Matt comes to us most recently from
West Virginia where he was the Director of the Division of Mining and
Reclamation within their Department of Environmental Protection.  In that
position he managed all aspects of West Virginia's mining regulatory
program, including enforcement and permitting actions.  He also interacted
with industry and community groups to find middle ground on issues of great
controversy and sensitivity.

Before working in West Virginia, Matt was a trial attorney in the US
Department of Justice's Environmental Enforcement Section where he worked on
numerous civil environmental enforcement actions and achieved resolutions
among the regulated community on environmental compliance issues.  And prior
to his tenure at the Department of Justice, Matt worked for The Nature
Conservancy of West Virginia as the Director of Development and Communications.

Matt brings a strong commitment to our mission and a special understanding
of the conservation issues in the Clinch Valley Program area.  We are
pleased to have him working again for The Nature Conservancy.

I anticipate settling on a start date of early November.
Bill Kittrell

FYI - our annual Holiday Open House will be Friday, December 12 (4-7 p.m.).
This will be a great opportunity to meet our new director.

Teresa Harless
Manager, Community Partnership Program
Clinch Valley Program
The Nature Conservancy in Virginia