[Bristol-Birds] Re: more eagle reports documented

  • From: "Richrd Kretz" <roaminggnome33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 23:06:49 -0400

Thanks Wallace. Buller staff indicated that at least one Bald Eagle has been
sighted regularly in the vicinity of the fish hatchery on Rt 16 as well. Don't
know if this is the same bird or not.  Have had reports for approx. 6 years of
Bald Eagles, adults and juveniles, at trout ponds in the Chilhowie/Marion area.
Believe I reported one flying parallel to I-81 in that area several years back.
However, this is the first I've been able to photograph. Suspect that if the
eagles have been sighted at area ponds for such a lengthy period there may
indeed be a nest or nests. Perhaps further investigation is merited.
Best,
Richard Kretz
Lebanon, Russell Co., VA