[Bristol-Birds] Re: lick creek wma

  • From: Alice Loftin / Don Miller <pandion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cfm46@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 20:06:54 -0400 (EDT)

Charles,

Thanks for this clarification.

Skinner Crossroads is the correct name for this junction.  However, birders
should be aware that the junction is known locally as Crosby Crossroads and
Mohawk Crossroads.  The former name comes from the fact that the Crosby
Cemetery is located about a half mile east of the intersection.  The latter
name is quite misleading, as the intersection of Highway 11-E, North Mohawk
Road, and Gap Creek Road is shown as maps as being Mohawk Crossroads. This
Mohawk Crossroads is quite a few miles north of Skinner Crossroads, nowhere
near it, really.

In some of my personal records, I list the WMA unit referenced in this e-mail
as the Skinner Crossroads unit.  I have refrained from doing this in list serve
posts, however, because I thought it might be more confusing than just giving
the road names and number.  I guess it's a little confusing either way, though.

Thanks again.

Don Miller
Greeneville, Greene Co., TN