[Bristol-Birds] late ducks...

  • From: dnldhlt@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 14:05:59 -0500

This is the first chance I've had at a computer since birding in Sullivan Co.,
TN on Friday 23 FEB 2007.  I got to see several of the good waterfowl spp.
reported lately, including:
Greater White-fronted Goose (1 - Steele Creek Park)
Canvasback (3 drakes, 1 hen - Middlebrook Lake)
Redhead (ca 15, Weir Dams at S. Holston River)
Common Merganser (3 male, 3 female - Musick's Campground, S. Holston Lake - Are
these new?)
Eared Grebe (4 - Washington Co. Park, VA)

I missed one of my target sp., the elusive Cackling Goose.  Hope to see one
soon.  Thanks for all the good bird reports from everyone.

Don Holt

AOL Mail and more.