[bristol-birds] Re: large flight of Common Terns

  • From: "judy phillips" <cne01663@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 21:06:38 -0400

Wallace,
I just saw your post about terns.
Judy and I were birding at Brooks Falls on New River in WV today during the
rain. This is one of the areas we birded with your group a few years back.
We saw 35 Common Terns feeding in the river. As we headed home , we stopped
at the mouth of the Bluestone River and counted at least 200 terns there.
They were some distance from us but we believe they were probably Common
Terns as well.
Jim & Judy Phillips
Pipestem, WV
cne01663@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx