[Bristol-Birds] hunter gets photo of Scott Co. VA Bald Eagle nest on North Fork Holston

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 00:41:18 -0400

Hi Birders:

It appears that we now have solid evidence that a pair of Bald Eagles have a
nest along the

North Fork Holston River in Scott Co., VA.

A Kingsport, TN hunter has a photograph of the nest.  He was out in the
field when he found

it and was able to get a photo at that time.  One of our birders knows the
hunter and has

seen the photo.

We have his name but have not yet been able to see a copy of the photo to
make certain

that the ID is positive.

The nest is in a very remote area which makes it difficult for birders to
observe it.

Roger Lemaster has recruited some help to conduct a possible search of the
site by

boat.

As soon as we can get Roger some exact detail of the location and/or get a
copy of the

photograph,  we will pass along the specifics.  You know what we know at
this time.