[Bristol-Birds] heart beat that pounding with nature's

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 21:18:00 -0400

I looked up to see a Cooper's Hawk gliding across the
Volunteer Parkway in south Bristol Tennessee, Tuesday
evening, carrying dinner home just before sunset.

It suddenly seemed a few seconds of passive bonding.
Little did she have any notice of my passage but I had
a warm sense of her appointed chores.

My Cooper's mom makes near stealthy flights across
the Cedar Creek valley in late evenings.  I don't usually
see her food provision.

I hear her faint high-pitched call to the young.
I hear food cries calling back to mom.

It matters not that I know where they are.
It matters that they know -- and they do.

Nothing beats a heart beat that pounds with nature's.

Let's go birding......