[Bristol-Birds] good news for Phipps Bend fuiture

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 10:45:43 -0400

Susan Hubley sends word that the new gas-fired power plant will
be built in Rogersville and not Phipps Bend.  I was not aware of
that and thought the Phipps Bend site had finally been chosen.
Sorry for my bad information.  We now have a longer future to
monitor the wader ponds than I had posted.  Thanks Susan for
your good and timely news.

Tue, 24 Aug 2010 03:45:56 -0700

From: Susan Hubley
To: Wallace Coffey
Subject: Re: [Bristol-Birds] spoonbill discovery opens new window of opportunity
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 06:51:49 -0400

Wallace:
Enjoyed your post.
The new gas-fired plant is being built adjacent to the John Sevier
Fossil Plant. TVA is working with Spectra Energy to locate a new natural
gas line to the Holston River site near Rogersville.
Susan Hubley

      Published: 1:23 PM, 08/07/2009 Last updated: 9:54 AM, 08/10/2009

Source: The Rogersville Review

ROGERSVILLE - Rumors became reality Friday as Tennessee Valley Authority
officials announced a new 880-megawatt combined-cycle gas plant will be located
adjacent to the existing John Sevier Fossil Plant.
    The location was chosen following transmission and gas line studies and is
pending the final plant design, review under the National Environmental Policy
Act, and environmental permitting.
    TVA is working with Spectra Energy Partners to evaluate an expansion from
its East Tennessee Natural Gas System interstate pipeline to TVA's John Sevier
property.  The ETNG pipeline system operates through the states of Tennessee,
Virginia, North Carolina and Georgia.
    The combined-cycle plant construction was approved by the TVA Board in June
2009 after the U.S. District Court in western North Carolina set an accelerated
timeline for installing new emission controls for the John Sevier plant.