[Bristol-Birds] early morning birds

  • From: Rick Phillips <sunfish0501@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 11:24:18 -0400

This morning (04/15) I was again at Meadowview taking pictures of birds
before work. Between 7:30 am and around 9:00 am I heard a Virginia Rail
(grunting calls) twice and saw one bird fly briefly just above the cattails.
This was just below Eastman Credit Union on Reservoir Road. The very end of
the cattail strip nearest the road where there are a couple of bluebird
boxes. Also heard a Yellow Warbler and Purple Finches singing from the trees
along Horse Creek. Also a pair of Blue-winged Teal is still hanging around
some of the open ponds in that strip.

Rick

--
Rick Phillips